We learned a lot
about our fellow man
over the course of the virus panic,
much of it
TERRIFYING THINGS THE LOCKDOWN HAS PROVED ABOUT MANKIND
We learned a lot about our fellow man over the course of the virus panic, much of it unflattering.
The UK-based rapper known as Zuby recently listed 20 of them on Twitter, and his list went viral:
20 Things I’ve Learned (Or Had Confirmed) about Humanity during the “Pandemic”
- Most people would rather be in the majority, than be right.
- At least 20% of the population has strong authoritarian tendencies, which will emerge under the right conditions.
- Fear of death is only rivaled by the fear of social disapproval. The latter could be stronger.
- Propaganda is just as effective in the modern day as it was 100 years ago. Access to limitless information has not made the average person any wiser…
- Anything and everything can and will be politicized by the media, government, and those who trust them.
- Many politicians and large corporations will gladly sacrifice human lives if it is conducive to their political and financial aspirations.
- Most people believe the government acts in the best interests of the people. Even many who are vocal critics of the government.
- Once they have made up their mind, most people would rather to commit to being wrong, than admit they were wrong.
- Humans can be trained and conditioned quickly and relatively easily to significantly alter their behaviors — for better or worse.
- When sufficiently frightened, most people will not only accept authoritarianism, but demand it.
- People who are dismissed as “conspiracy theorists” are often well researched and simply ahead of the mainstream narrative.
- Most people value safety and security more than freedom and liberty, even if said “safety” is merely an illusion.
- Hedonic adaptation occurs in both directions, and once inertia sets in, it is difficult to get people back to “normal.”
- A significant % of people thoroughly enjoy being subjugated.
- “The Science” has evolved into a secular pseudo-religion for millions of people in the West. This religion has little to do with science itself.
- Most people care more about looking like they are doing the right thing, rather than actually doing the right thing.
- Current politics, the media, science, and the healthcare industries are all corrupt, to varying degrees. Scientists and doctors can be bought as easily as politicians.
- If you make people comfortable enough, they will not revolt. You can keep millions docile as you strip their rights, by giving them money, food, and entertainment.
- Modern people are overly complacent and lack vigilance when it comes to defending their own freedoms from government overreach.
- It’s easier to fool a person than to convince them that they have been fooled.
by Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr.